Published on Aug 28, 2019
This is a reminder that the email@example.com ticketing system is now live on ServiceNow.
We will maintain a record of all your previous requests, so any ongoing tasks submitted prior to today will still be completed. However, be aware that any replies you send to the old help desk reply email (ending in @cticket.uchicago.edu) will not be received. If you have a question or comment about an issue you reported before today, please send a new email to firstname.lastname@example.org, rather than replying to the @cticket.uchicago.edu comments generated from our old system.
I’ve included our previous communication, with general information about ServiceNow, below.
What this means for you
Although the process of submitting requests to AURA Help will be unchanged, you’ll notice an update in the look of our email replies and comments. For example, when you send an email to email@example.com you’ll now receive replies from a different response template, and tickets will be numbered with an “FR” and eight-digit reference number, such as FR06092016.
Emails from ServiceNow will generally look like the example below.
How should you prepare
Be aware that the old AURA Help ticketing system will go off-line, and that any replies you send to the old help desk reply email (ending in @cticket.uchicago.edu) will not be received after August, 28th. If you have a question or comment about an issue you reported before August 28th, open a new request by emailing the issue to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will maintain a record of all your previous requests to the old ticketing system, so any ongoing tasks submitted prior to the transition will still be completed.
Other than that, there’s not much else you need to do, as you’ll still be able to email email@example.com just as you have in the past. But, starting Wednesday, August 28th replies from AURA help will look like the message above.
Helpful information about ServiceNow
- If you reply directly to comments sent from AURA Help, and keep the subject of the email thread unchanged, your response will be seen by the person assisting you. It will also be visible to everyone on our team.
- Students, faculty, and staff members at The University of Chicago will be able to see their current requests, as well as all comments and history, at https://uchicago.service-now.com/sso by clicking “My Requests” on the top-right of the page. This allows you to track current issues, as well as view your closed requests and resolutions.
- AURA Help will continue to reply to requests from non-UC addresses, and personal emails such as Gmail, however individuals who email us from outside the university will not be able to track the progress of their requests at https://uchicago.service-now.com/sso.
- Emails addresses that are CC’d in your in email to firstname.lastname@example.org automatically be included as “watchers” on your request. So those individuals will see all comments on the ticket up to the issue’s resolution. While this can be very convenient, consider who you CC carefully, as they may not need to see numerous help desk responses if they’re not directly impacted by the issue.
- If someone is being copied on AURA help comments unnecessarily, they simply need to reply to any one of those emails and request to be removed from the ticket.
Thank you & Best regards,
Stephen M. Skok
Help Desk Manager & eRA Administrator