Dear Grant Administrators,
This is a quick reminder regarding the FDP Expanded Clearinghouse and Letter of Intent (LOI). The Federal Demonstration Partnership (FDP) Expanded Clearinghouse is an initiative that collects institutional information from participating organizations in an effort to reduce administrative burden.
FDP Expanded Clearinghouse participants should provide a Letter of Intent (LOI) in lieu of the Subrecipient Commitment Form when entering into subcontracts. Please note that while a majority of U.S. institutions are participants, not all are. This is particularly important to note when working with an institution that has multiple campuses, since some campuses at the same institution may be FDP Expanded Clearinghouse participants and others may not.
If The University of Chicago is a subrecipient on an incoming subaward, then an LOI should be provided to the prime because The University of Chicago is a participant in the FDP Expanded Clearinghouse:
- Please use the applicable URA FDP LOI template on our website, OR
Use the prime’s FDP LOI template on our letterhead. If we use the prime’s LOI template, then we should be sure to collect the below project-specific information, including:
- Cost share information, if applicable
- Use of Human Subjects, Y/N
- Use of Vertebrate Animals, Y/N
- Authorized Official signature
- A Statement of Work, Budget, and Budget Justification included as attachments
- Note: Not every institution is consistent with this practice, so you may notice inconsistencies at other institutions.
- At proposal stage, and when routing through AURA, please be reminded to provide the completed LOI for endorsement.
If an organization is a participant in the FDP Expanded Clearinghouse and a subrecipient on an outgoing subaward, then we will require that they provide an LOI:
- They can either use the applicable URA FDP LOI template on their letterhead, OR
- Provide their own FDP LOI on their letterhead.
- If a participating organization provides their own LOI, then please be sure that they include project-specific information (i.e. project-specific information is noted in 1b above).
- At proposal stage, and when routing through AURA, please be reminded to provide the completed and signed LOI.
- If an organization is not on the FDP Expanded Clearinghouse, then we will continue to require that they fully complete and sign The University of Chicago’s Subrecipient Commitment Form.
Please let us know if you have any questions.
Assistant Director, Sponsored Programs (Pre-Award)
University Research Administration
Office of Research, Innovation and National Laboratories
The University of Chicago