Addgene Addgene is an online system in which scientists may order plasmids for research purposes. UChicago researchers should enter their requests directly into Addgene’s online system; no submission through AURA is required. Upon submission, URA will receive a request to accept the terms of the UBMTA for the transfer. Any additional processing will be handled internally within URA. If you have any questions, please contact Alexandra Francis at email@example.com.
Addgene requires a Material Transfer Agreement (“MTA”) for all requests; this is usually done under the Uniform Biological MTA (“UBMTA”).
How to Place an Order
All orders must be placed by completing the following steps:
- Login to your Addgene account. If you need to create an account, you can register here.
- Find the items you need in our online catalog and add them to your cart.
- Use our simple checkout process to complete your order online and enter payment information. You will be able to “Pay by Purchase Order” during checkout, where you can enter a Purchase Order number and your billing address for invoicing purposes. You will also have the option to pay by credit card instead if you prefer.
- After your order is placed, Addgene will email the required Material Transfer Agreements (MTAs) to you or your institution's University Research Administration (“URA”) office.
- Once Addgene receives and approves the signed MTAs, your order will be processed and shipped.
Who to Enter as Recipient Scientist and Principal Investigator:
The Recipient Scientist (RS) listed on the order should be the person in the lab who will be receiving and primarily working with the materials. The Principal Investigator (PI) should be the head of the lab who is supervising this research. The RS and PI may be the same person, but please only enter one name for each role.
- To avoid delays with the processing of your order, please be sure to enter complete and accurate information.
- If you need to update the Recipient Scientist or Principal Investigator on an existing order, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and reference your Addgene order number.
Help Information and Links
General tech transfer questions: email@example.com
Order Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org