AURA is the electronic research administrative system developed by URA and IT Services to facilitate research administration activities on campus. AURA is an acronym for automating university-wide research administration.
Overall AURA project objectives:
- Streamline and automate research administration
- Proposal Management: System to system submission to Grants.gov (federal grant portal), On-line proposal development, On-line proposal routing on campus, Easier budget development
- Human Subjects Protocol Management: On-line protocol creation, On-line IRB committee meeting management
- Robust reporting on research administration activities
- Reduce the administrative burden on faculty and staff
- Reduce the regulatory compliance risk for the University