What is an Export?
What are the applicable export control regulations?
How do these regulations specifically impact the UChicago's research
- Outbound shipments
- Laboratory access to controlled equipment and technical data
- International Collaborations
- Teaching/lecturing abroad and participating in international conferences
- Travel abroad
- Hosting foreign national visitors (Non -US persons)
- Research activities not covered by the Fundamental Research Exclusion (FRE)
- Fabrication contracts and spin-off entities
- Private consulting or advisory services
Export Control Contacts
Stefan Jellicoe, J.D., Export Control Compliance Officer
Activities in China, Cuba, Iran, Syria and Sudan:
Glenn McKeown, Associate General Counsel