The University of Chicago finds support for research, training, and other academic purposes in many places. Numerous federal, non-federal, and corporate agencies and organizations contribute significantly to our research and academic mission. The majority of the funding is for research, however support is also received for fellowships, training, conferences, equipment, and various other educational purposes. The search tools and sites listed below are useful for linking research ideas to appropriate sources of funding.
- The University of Chicago (via URA) is excited to offer unlimited access to ProQuest’s Pivot database to help faculty, staff, and students find funding opportunities, as well as possible collaborators for research and scholarly endeavors. Please visit our Pivot page to learn more...
- Cancer Research Funding
- Foundation Directory Online (FDO)
- National Institutes of Health
- National Science Foundation
- Department of Energy
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- Office of Naval Research
- Department of Justice
- Department of Education
- Foundation and Corporate Relations
- Sensitive Foundations (log in with CNet ID)
- Competitive Fellowships Program (log in with CNet ID)
- GrantsNet (Science)
- NORDP (National Organization of Research Development Professionals)
Any person about to develop a proposal must check the program announcement carefully for limitations on the number of proposals that may be submitted. In addition, a number of University offices try to identify such limitations when the programs are announced and will alert our research community in order to solicit pre-proposals.
- Please see the Limited Opportunities webpage for FOAs and internal deadlines for Federal and Foundation limited opportunities.
For federal limited opportunity applications, please contact Paula Carney (firstname.lastname@example.org) – Associate Director of Research Development – Research, Innovation and National Laboratories.
For foundation limited opportunity applications, please contact Kate Timmerman (email@example.com) – Director of Strategic Foundation Initiatives – Office of Foundation and Corporate Relations. Or visit the Foundation and Corporate Relations website.