What is an Export?
What are the applicable export control regulations?
How do these regulations specifically impact the UChicago's research
- Outbound shipments
- Laboratory access to controlled equipment and technical data
- International Collaborations
- Teaching/lecturing abroad and participating in international conferences
The UChicago Travel Toolkit
This toolkit provides assistance to University faculty, students and staff for travel planning and managing a project or research abroad. Whether traveling to a laboratory at a partner institution or conducting research at UChicago’s Center in Hong Kong, this site aims to provide the tools and information necessary to enhance your safety, reduce risks, and prepare you for a seamless journey.
- Hosting foreign national visitors (Non -US persons)
- Research activities not covered by the Fundamental Research Exclusion (FRE)
- Fabrication contracts and spin-off entities
- Private consulting or advisory services
Export Control Policy- University Memo from Don Levy (June 24, 2013)
Export Control Contacts
Stefan Jellicoe, J.D., Export Control Compliance Officer
Activities in China, Cuba, Iran, Syria and Sudan:
Glenn McKeown, Associate General Counsel